Mr. Alan See
Day 1 : 23rd November 2021, 03.00pm
Topic : “The Importance of Cybersecurity in the Tourism Industry”
Mr. Alan See is the co-founder and CEO of FIRMUS – a leading, award winning regional Cyber Security Consulting company with established offices in Malaysia and Singapore. Since its inception in 2008, Firmus has demonstrated success in safeguarding its clients’ businesses – focusing on key areas like Critical Infrastructure Protection, Enterprise Security / Risk Management, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Compliance and Certification.
With over 25 years’ experience in Cyber Security solution and services, Alan’s strong interest in technology and security sprouted since his tertiary pursuit. Back in the infancy age of technology, Alan held a fresh perspective and envisioned the significance of Information Security as a key driver and enabler. Prior to establishing Firmus, he served as the Managing Director and Regional VP of e-Cop Malaysia overseeing the Greater China & HK SAR markets from 2001-2008. With his wealth of experiences, focusing on the domain of Information Security, coupled with strong entrepreneurial spirits, Alan has charted the company’s strategic directions and led e-Cop Malaysia to a phenomenal breakthrough in profitability for Malaysia, Hong Kong and Greater China markets. At the peak of its success, e-Cop Malaysia also won the Frost and Sullivan Best MSSP (Managed Security Services Provider) Award for 2005 and 2008.
As the CEO of Firmus, Alan has taken success to the next level. In 2016, Firmus has been named The Cyber Security Service Provider of the Year at Malaysia Cyber Security Awards organized by Cyber Security Malaysia. In 2017, Alan has been awarded The Cyber Security Professional of the Year by Cyber Security Malaysia, an agency under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovations (MOSTI).
Being a prominent thought leader in cyber security space, Alan is a renowned, sought after guest speaker at seminars and conferences on Technology and Cyber Security. Equipped with proven success in exceeding clients’ business security needs, Alan is a highly reputable thought provoking and Point-of-View contributor to major publications in the country and across the region.
Out of work, Alan is passionate about running. During weekend mornings, Alan slips into his favourite pair of running shoes and enjoys a good 30km run. In addition to keeping a healthy body and mind, Alan enjoys expanding his horizons – seeing the world vis-a-vis his participation in international marathons. Some memorable ones are Full Marathons in Kyoto 2019 and Singapore 2018; and Half Marathons in Gold Coast 2019 and several of the Hong Kong Standard Chartered Marathon. In the local setting, Alan enjoys the camaraderie with friends running over a decade of the Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Half Marathon and many runs.
Alan holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from the Campbell University, North Carolina, United States of America.
Notable Achievements and Activities:
1. Awarded the Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2017
2. Industry Advisory Board member for INTI International University for IT and Computer Science (2020 – 2022)
3. EXCO Member in PPKS (Persatuan Penguji Keselamatan Siber)
4. EXCO Member for PIKOM CyberSecurity Chapter
5. Adjunct Mentor for Design Thinking Course, INTI International University (2021 – 2023)
6. Firmus won the Cyber-Security Service Provider of the year 2016 by Cyber Security Malaysia.
7. Firmus won the Info-Security Service Provider of the year 2012 by Cyber Security Malaysia.
8. Firmus won the SME 100 Award for Fast Moving Companies 2014.
9. Firmus won the Red Herring Asia Award Top 100 in 2010.
10. Appointed Head of judges’ panel for MSC-APICTA Award (Security, loT, Big Data and Al) Product category for 2004 till present.
11. Appointed International Judge for APICTA Award (security, communication application, media/entertainment and tourism/hospitality categories) finalist in Hong Kong Dec 2004, Jakarta Nov 2008 and Sri Lanka Nov 2015.
12. Guest speakers for many Cyber-security, compliance, risk management conferences.